Talking about the sandblasting process of jewelry-
Nowadays, many jewelry are no longer shiny, and many of them have rough surfaces with texture. This is the sandblasting process in jewelry processing.
The sandblasting process is to partially sandblast the metal jewelry pieces according to the design requirements, so that the polished surface of the metal jewelry can form a sharp contrast to enhance the line art beauty of the jewelry. There are two kinds of noise spraying process: one is dry sand, and the other is water sand.
1. Main tools required for sandblasting:
1. Sandblasting machine; 2. Air compressor; 3. Emery (quartz sand); 4. Protective tape or protective wax
2. Operation steps:
1. Seal the polished and cleaned parts of jewelry that do not need sandblasting with protective wax or protective tape for protection. When applying protective tape or applying protective wax, the lines should be smooth and neat.
2. Select the appropriate thickness of emery as required and place it in the sandblasting machine. Then adjust the required air pressure.
3. Hold the broken jewelry piece, put the part that needs to be sandblasted into the sandblasting machine, align the sandblasting machine's sand outlet, open the air pressure valve, and spray the emery on the metal jewelry piece by air pressure until it meets the requirements. The position of the sandblasting position should be complete and uniform in order to achieve the effect.